Is anybody looking?

Friday, November 4, 2011

Some of my calculations sheets...

      As I had said in another post, I would start posting my calculation sheets for people to use in their own off grid endeavors!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av2bNlufN8JodEJnMTlyTnBseE95cWd5TkVranlXVXc

      Oh... and to use the sheet any area that is bold and blue is a field you edit. The other fields will update as you make your changes. But this sheet is a critical part of planning your system out. There is more information coming later... I have to go now but check back occasionally and see the changes I make to the calculations sheet. There is a lot more I have to upload.

      Okay, I have updated my worksheet a bit more. Now there is a sheet that allows you to compare batteries for cost versus performance based on configuration. You can tweak the numbers to match the system you plan on designing. As I noted elsewhere most systems are 24 volt, I am working on implementing a 48 volt system due to it's efficiency over 24 volts.

      I have also included a rough battery charge calculator sheet. One thing you have to look at is how long will it take with your system do recharge the batteries? The goal is to have it so your panels will keep you at least up to 95% capacity. Remember once a month or so you will have to equalize your batteries anyhow, so if you can recharge without running the generator then excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment