Is anybody looking?

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DIY idea!


      So I am looking to resolve my solar issues once and for all! After shopping around and finding that no matter what it’s going to cost me a lot of money, I stumbled onto this site here: DIY Solar Kit and the light bulb went on! So I started a new track of research and finally realized that I can save a ton of money and build my own custom panels!

      My large system that I have plans to build is based on a 48VDC side. But some of the problems I was running into were finding solar panels that were configured in 48V. I found one by Solar Canada, but the price is rather steep and further research showed that I can build a more powerful panel that meets my 48VDC requirement (actually it would be 49.5VDC which is optimal!) and generates an estimated 20 Watts more power per panel.

      Better yet since I already planned on building my own array platform this would allow me yet even more control over the final system. So now I am looking to buy this set-up here: More gooder DIY solar panel kit! I just need to shuffle some money around to do it. And since right now I need to increase my solar capacity, this DIY panel kit has the wattage AND amperage I need to make up the difference. Toss in a 10A charge controller and done! I have a bunch of wire at home so this would be easy to set up.

      And I also learned how to make my own combiner box for a couple dollars. So will definitely be doing that soon! Okay, that’s all for now, I have to bolt soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment